As a landlord working with Copo, you’re referred to as a ‘business partner’ – and you’re treated like one. Property management is so much more than a transaction over a property. It’s all about relationships. We want to see you prosper, so we work with you to look after your assets and realise a return on investment. We’d love to talk to you about making the most of your property portfolio, whether that’s one property or many.
Your biggest investment.
Owning a rental property or a portfolio of properties is exciting stuff! Dealing with tenants, not so much. Especially if this isn’t your full-time job or your area of expertise.
Using a Copo property manager is the easiest way to have all the details of renting out your property looked after for you while you focus on your investment strategy. We treat each property as if it were our own, thoroughly screening prospective tenants and maintenance contractors and ensuring that our high standards of care are enforced every step of the way.
“Your proactive inspections have ensured we have no maintenance surprises.”
– Bob Ulrichson, Newton
“Copo took control and sorted out the transfer of tenancy without any problems.”
– Sean Brosnahan, Northland
In an industry where trust and credibility are key, we think it’s important that you hear what our clients have to say about working with Copo through their testimonials. Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to any of them directly, please get in touch, and we can connect you to them.
First time investors.
If you’ve got your eye on a property that you’re ready to purchase, or you’re on that first rung of the investment ladder, give us a call. There is so much to learn about property investing, having tenants, your legal obligations, and your responsibilities regarding maintenance and tradespeople.
We’re happy to have an initial chat and answer any questions you may have. We’d love to help you grow your investment portfolio, even if you’re not yet sure about using a property manager.
If you’ve purchased a property in New Zealand and are currently living overseas, having a Copo property manager is the best way to ensure your investment is looked after.
Having us available where your property is located means the whole process is easy and hassle-free for you. We’re able to liaise with your tenants, prospective tenants and any tradespeople required on the phone and in the same time zone. We stay up-to-date on all New Zealand property laws and rental legislation. And we can send you accurate photos and videos of how your property is being looked after. Get in touch if you need a Kiwi on the ground looking after your property.
If you’ve been investing in property for a while, or you have a growing portfolio of properties to manage, you’ll easily see your return on investment by engaging with Copo.
Our property managers see you more as a business partner than a landlord, and we appreciate the entrepreneurial investment strategies you have in mind for your portfolio. We want to help your investments grow in value for you and look after the many day-to-day details that come with finding and having tenants, looking at rent reviews, conducting repairs and maintenance, and staying compliant with the complexities of the rental legislation in New Zealand.
Using technology to your advantage.
Copo property managers use the latest technology to make your role as a landlord stress-free and streamlined. Our property management programs help us attract the best possible tenants for you, make processing applications easy and efficient, and provide a safe and secure way of storing all of your tenancy documentation. In an industry where clear communication and comprehensive paper trails are crucial, Copo uses the latest technology to your advantage.
Get in touch to see some of the sample reports we can prepare for you.
What’s the cost?
Our experienced Management team looks after properties on behalf of our clients from Wellington and around the world. Taking the responsibility of being a landlord from the property owners shoulders.
All prices ex-GST.
- One point of contact for all letting, inspections, and maintenance of your property
- Actively draw up and review renovation, upgrade, and improvement plans to attract higher-paying tenants regularly
- Access to our 24/7 Reception, Online booking, Letting Room. Arranging viewings and emergency maintenance while you sleep.
- Negotiation of lease renewals
- Determining and negotiation of rent reviews
- Full annual income and expenditure statement for your accountant
- Reconciliation of tenants rent payments
- Prompt arrears management via SMS, email, phone, post
- Twice monthly EFT funds transfer into your nominated bank account
- Management of property maintenance, quotes, repairs and upgrades through experienced tradespeople
- Detailed work orders with a budget and access details provided to each tradesperson
- Inspections of work carried out when necessary and payment of invoices
- One-off professional photography for a property at cost. Currently $161
- Credit check – Checking applicant on multiple security databases – $35
- All Property advertising and marketing collateral – $385
- Full detailed condition report and regular property inspection – $55 (frequency in line with your insurance requirements)
- Preparation and attendance at each mediation/tenancy tribunal – No cost. It’s our problem to solve.
- Newspaper advertising at cost (there are no markups) at cost
Known for our comprehensive marketing, we invest thousands of dollars every year ensuring that our properties receive maximum exposure across a variety of different media, including: online, in print, email alerts, open home invitations, flyer drops, SMS and highly visual signage.
- Unlimited viewings, 7 days and nights per week, with prospective tenants at your property
- Arranged open home inspections (we do not hand out keys)
- Expansive, detailed, feature and benefits-focused advertising copywriting
- Installation of stand-out signage where appropriate
- Daily processing of tenancy applications
- Drafting and completing tenancy agreements with tenants
- Depositing of tenancy bond with Tenancy Services at the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment